*Remote position with up to 50% - 75% travel to sites*
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified professional for the role of a Remote Process Control Engineer within the corporate Process Control Center of Excellence based in Atlanta, GA. This role is ideally based in Atlanta, GA OR Green Bay, WI but can also be remote. The role will require travel to sites periodically.
A successful candidate will enjoy utilizing engineering expertise to remotely solve problems and improve the reliability and functionality of existing control systems and instrumentation.
The Process Control Engineer in this role will partner with our large Consumer Products, Cellulose, and Containerboard continuous manufacturing operations across the United States focusing on our Utilities and Recovery Process within those mills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring facility control systems are operating safely, reliably, efficiently
- Providing troubleshooting and support of the daily manufacturing operation
- Providing guidance to manufacturing operations on selection and implementation of process control technologies and strategies
- Designing, programming, modifying, and maintaining the mill’s control systems
- Pursuing engineering solutions to resolve equipment deficiencies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate degree or higher OR experience working within a continuous manufacturing operation
- 2 or more years of professional experience working with DCS or PLC based systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
- Ability to travel approximately 50-75%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical, Electrical, or Paper Science Engineering
- Experience working with Paper Machines
- 5 or more years of professional experience working with DCS and PLC based control systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
- Experience with Honeywell TDC and Experion or Emerson Delta-V
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan , policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
For this role, we anticipate paying $110,000 - $145,000.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf