Sign on Bonus:
$500 after 30 days,
$500 after 6 months,
$500 after 1 year
Additional lump sum after 2 years
Hourly Full-Time (7:00AM – 3:00PM Monday-Friday) 1st Shift
North Kansas City Sheet Plant
1910 Warren Street
North Kansas City, MO. 64116
The Job You Will Perform:
- Performs preventive maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components; and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels
- Performs emergency / break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
- Performs advanced manufacturing machine troubleshooting
- Performs electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other repairs and installations as needed
- Maintains clean and organized work areas, and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks
- Accurately and completely prepares and maintains maintenance records and other paperwork
- Keeps supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations
- Documents completion of work orders.
- Independently diagnoses all required repairs in a timely manner with no supervision
- Contacts vendors to resolve complex issues to resolve and correct;
- Performs advanced PLC troubleshooting, troubleshoot programmable motor controllers, and programmable logic devices.
- Performs advanced electrical knowledge capable of designing basic control systems
- Demonstrates successful project management
- Works positively with maintenance and operations teams
- Successfully performs other duties as assigned by plant management and lead personnel to include “special projects” as well as mentor other employees in the maintenance department.
The Skills You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED. Trade School and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Must have general maintenance experience, corrugating industry preferred
- Must have good electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical knowledge. Able to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade.
- Able and willing to work off shift as well as weekends (as needed by business)
- SAP Knowledge strongly desired.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment up to 50 lbs. unassisted, bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment.
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Able to demonstrate (without supervision and in a timely manner) ability to:
- Perform Advanced Machinery Trouble Shooting
- Diagnose Machinery repairs
- Must be able to Successfully pass our skill knowledge assessment
- Must have great communication skills.
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Paid time off including Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement, pension, and 401k Matching Program
- Medical & Dental
- Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement)
- Life & Disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
- Leadership training
- Promotional opportunities
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.