Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd. is a company with a rich history, culture, and an indomitable spirit to do good. For the past 75+ years, Atlantic Packaging has worked towards preserving the environment and ensuring not a single tree is cut to manufacture boxes. We are proud to state that we save close to 14 million trees every year and continue to work towards achieving a greener planet!
Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd. is privately owned and is headquartered in Scarborough, ON.
Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd. has 6 US entities: York Container Pennsylvania, York Container Elgin, Skybox Packaging, Stand Fast Group, Blackhawk Corrugated, and Champion Container Corp; with locations in Illinois, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for safely providing maintenance support to our fast-paced corrugated manufacturing plant. Utilize both excellent mechanical skills and electrical/electronic skills. Must have knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, lubrication PLCs, A/C, D/C motors and drives, and schematics to achieve machine uptime metrics. Work positively with operations teams to troubleshoot and solve problems and be engaged in preventative maintenance processes in assigned areas.
This role is onsite at our Champion Container location in Wood Dale, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Perform emergency maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
- Perform electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other repairs and installations as needed
- Accurately and completely prepare and maintain maintenance records and other paperwork
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems
- Order Parts and Supplies
- Following all safety rules and practices
- High school diploma/ GED
- 2 years’ work experience in a maintenance manufacturing environment
- Experience in the corrugated box industry a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Troubleshooting expertise
- Electrical knowledge
- Safety Practices
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We strive to create and maintain an inclusive and diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job.